Remeber Qazi Touqeer of Fame Gurukul? See him now

Qazi Touqeer (from Jammu and Kashmir) was one of the three finalists of Fame Gurukul, one of the most watched television shows in India - along with Rex D'Souza and Ruprekha Banerjee. On 20 October 2005, he managed to grab the top prize along with Ruprekha Banerjee. Some of the viewers also found a lot of similarities with him to Hrithik Roshan.

Qazi Touqeer of Fame Gurukul image 1















All through the 4 months spent in Gurukul, Qazi was criticized, being just saved 10 times from being voted out. But ultimately his performing ability along with his singing paid off. He released a new album out along with Ruprekha Banerjee at the end of 2005. Qazi had no formal training before Fame Gurukul.

Qazi Touqeer is all set to once again take the nation by his stride. Not many know that apart from singing, he has a passion for acting which made him land into Nazim Rizvi’s (Chori Chori Chupke Chupke fame) Take Off, an action thriller directed by Kaushal-Moses. Qazi has been paired opposite newcomer Meghana Halder.

Qazi has left no stones unturned to take care of each and every bit of his contribution for his new venture. That includes his much talked about looks, which has undergone a complete makeover. Nazim who is pretty confident about this aspiring actor claims the latter to be a promising one. And as far as the film is concerned, 70 percent of it has already been shot. Also, Rajpal Yadav and Prem Chopra have been signed for the film.


Qazi Touqeer of Fame Gurukul image 2
Qazi Touqeer of Fame Gurukul image 3
Qazi Touqeer of Fame Gurukul image 4














Qazi Touqeer said, "It`s a fantastic script and that`s all that mattered to me. Nasim Rizvi is a sweet guy". He added, "It`s got dance, romance, a lot of scope for acting. And, I`m also singing my own songs".

Qazi was also talking about his preparations for the film and said that he had taken a break from everything after winning the award of the show named Fame Gurukul. According to him, during this break, he has gained some weight and also worked hard to build his physique nicely. When asked about some of the viewers` finding resemblance with him to Hrithik Roshan, Qazi replied,
"When I was on the show, people said that. I was glad because Hrithik is a good-looking, hot guy. But no, I don`t have an Hrithik hangover. I am Qazi Touqeer and I`m happy being that. And by the way, people now compare me with Sylvester Stallone. Of course, I have no idea why".

He was also sounding quite confident about his success as he said, "Every time I look into the mirror, I say I can become a superstar. I don't say I will do this or that. I always say 'I can do this'! If you believe you can, you can".

Blog Archive