Britney Spears' sister Jamie Lynn Spears gets pregnant at 16

Britney Spears' 16-year-old sister, Jamie Lynn Spears, who stars as a schoolgirl in Nickelodeon's popular TV show "Zoey 101," is pregnant. Jamie Lynn Spears is 12 weeks along in her pregnancy. The father is her longtime boyfriend, Casey Aldridge.




















Jamie Lynn said, "I was in complete and total shock, and so was he,". "As soon as I found out for sure from the doctor, I took two weeks to myself where I didn't tell anybody. Only one of my friends knew because I needed to work out what I would do for myself before I let anyone's opinion affect my decision. Then I told my parents and my friends. I was scared, but I had to do what was right for me."






















Jamie Lynn said that her mother, Lynne Spears, "was very upset because it wasn't what she expected at all. A week after, she had time to cope with it and became very supportive." Lynne Spears also commented on the news, saying, "I didn't believe it because Jamie Lynn's always been so conscientious. She's never late for her curfew. I was in shock. I mean, this is my 16-year-old baby."
















Jamie Lynn, plans to raise the baby in Louisiana, her home state, "so it can have a normal family life." In regards to the third season of her Nickelodeon show, "Zoey 101," which wraps January 4, Jamie Lynn said: "I haven't spoken to Nickelodeon personally, but they have always been so great to me over the past years and have given me so many opportunities." The show is slated to start back up again in February, and fourth-season filming is already done.






















Nickelodeon issued a statement saying, "We respect Jamie Lynn's decision to take responsibility in this sensitive and personal situation. We know this is a very difficult time for her and her family, and our primary concern right now is for Jamie Lynn's well being."

When the magazine reportedly asked her about the message her pregnancy might send to young people, she replied, "I definitely don't think it's something you should do; it's better to wait. But I can't be judgmental because it's a position I put myself in."





















Britney Spears had not been aware of the pregnancy before the news broke. The 26-year-old pop star lost primary custody of her two sons, aged 2 and 1, to ex-husband Kevin Federline after their divorce last year and is engaged in a bitter custody battle that has shone a harsh spotlight on her maternal shortcomings.

Blog Archive